Rosti is a Swiss dish consisting mainly of potatoes. It was originally a common breakfast eaten by farmers in the canton of Bern, but today is eaten all over Switzerland and also in many restaurants in the Western World.
Recipe (better use a normal sausage, snail sausage looks like s***)
- Boil the unpeeled potatoes until semi-tender the day before preparation. Peel and grate.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add potatoes and sprinkle with salt.
- Using a spatula, press into a round loaf.
- Sprinkle with milk and cover tightly.
- Reduce heat as soon as potatoes begin to sizzle.
- Fry very slowly for another 30 minutes.
- During this time, a brown crust will form.
- Cover pan with a hot platter and flip the Rosti onto it.
Search the site